Translate

Sunday, October 5, 2014

Prelude to tomorrow...

This begins my "daily musings" series. A process I have stopped and started over the years, and I hope to continue with this attempt. I'm neither a young man nor am I an old one, and I sincerely believe life isn't about where or when you begin, but just beginning. You have to start before you can truly finish, perhaps that's the point or meaning to life, just beginning.

Each day we experience is simply a prelude or a preparation for the next, life in essence begins anew with each brand new sunrise. And, the growth we experience comes from trying something new, such as this experiment. But, there can't be growth without some kind of resistance we just need to be able to push back and to persevere. Complacency as such, is the antithesis of growth, try to always push back never settle always pursue.

I'm a religious person, but I believe the best way to display your faith (and thus invite others to your faith) is to live by example by setting examples we learn through our own theological backgrounds. We all have these theological backgrounds, whether we are Protestant Christian, Catholic, Jewish, Muslim...etc or even Atheist. These are belief systems directly relating to how we see (or not see) God. I'm of the Christian Tradition, and the example I try to live my life is the historical interpretation of Jesus Christ,  I don't even come close, but I try and it is through this attempt I try to better myself.

However, the example I live by is but one of many viable variations. One need not even be religious and that person can still live a productive, just, moral, charitable and completely fulfilled life. Each path we choose can be different and yet just as important as the next. Life shouldn't just be about trying to reach Heaven but to at least have respect of each other while we live out our mortal existence. I see this respect for one another as the best option for peace, but this won't happen if we continue fight amongst ourselves. I believe we shouldn't just seek a reward only in our afterlife but we should seek a reward while we live this life, and I think this is core message of all religions (including non-religions); a core message that is often overlooked.

I hope this series, and whoever chooses to browse over these musings of a "nearly invisible" man, helps to relate this message of hope and inspire you to continue to seek an earthly spiritually or emotionally based reward in this here and now. Let this be your prelude for tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment